Administrative Assistant Full Job Description
ReDiscover Psychological Services Mission
We are a team of mental health therapists dedicated to educating our clients and the community about the importance of mental health. We provide transparent specialized therapeutic services which are designed to support you and your family to create a more rich, connected, and meaningful life.
ReDiscover Psychological Services Values
We have a strong connection to personal growth, discovery, collaboration, and results-driven behaviour. We believe that at the forefront of personal wellbeing, is the pursuit of a value-driven lifestyle. We encourage committed actions that are in-line with values such as your health, family, travel, and relationship(s). We believe in the development of skills that will help you maintain a balance between your thoughts, feelings, and emotions; using these skills are vital in helping you overcome challenging experiences.
We are seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to provide in-person administrative support to our clinic management and team of psychologists.
Role: Full-Time In-Office Administrative Support
- Minimum of 40 hours/weekly. The hours may be adjusted based on clinic need. Any adjustment of hours will be discussed with you before any long-term adjustments.
- A rate of $19/hour will be provided for this position. The wage can be negotiated/discussed after a probationary period based on successful performance. Extended health care coverage after successful completion of probationary period.
- Note: the responsibilities of this position may change depending on services provided
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, business administration, health services administration, psychology or similar.
- Administrative experience in a healthcare facility or clinic.
- Exceptional organizational skills to ensure that quality services are provided.
- Knowledge of procuring supplies, equipment, and staff needed at the clinic.
- Proficiency in managing budgets, billing, and negotiating with suppliers and vendors.
- Competency with computer-based healthcare administration systems, like Jane App
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for liaising with patients, healthcare providers, and specialists, as well as the public.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Duties/Responsibilities may include:
- Administrative roles which could include:
- Availability to provide in-person services in our downtown location
- Management/billing of Jane App, WCB contracts, and other billing and insurance agencies.
- Communicating with clients (e.g., email, phone calls)
- Networking with other organizations, consulting with future clients.
- Conducting new client intake process
- Contacting and setting up referral networks.
- Development and management of clinic documentation.
- Liaison between clients and the clinical team.
- Providing consultation to the clinical and marketing team
- Administration aspect of groups and workshops
- Other administrative and operational duties as assigned by the Clinical Director
Experience with the following will be an asset:
- Familiarity with online technology such as Jane App, Google Drive, Monday, Hootsuite, and Social Media Platforms
- Background in Psychology or Counselling
- Experience working in other healthcare settings – psychology, physiotherapy, chiropractor, etc
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $19.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Administrative: 2 years (preferred)